The most special clothing. Maybe you’ll only wear it once in your life. The most important dress in a woman’s life – a wedding gown. China has some strong tradition regarding the folk wedding dress. For instance, the color of the main garment should be red and the embroidery is made in gold threads. Every Chinese wedding outfit is perfect in its authenticity and peculiar Oriental beauty.
There are some features of a Chinese wedding gown that should be observed:
- the costume consists of a separate skirt and blouse or jacket;
- red color is meant to symbolize good fortune and happiness for the couple;
- embroidery patterns are traditionally made in gold threads;
- ornamentation and embroidery designs picture traditional Chinese symbols and characters;
- the dress usually has a stand-up collar;
- accessories and details of the dress are made in the traditional fashion (buttons are knotted fabric, not European-style ones), etc.
The Chinese traditional wedding dresses are real works of art.
The craftswomen in China invent the embroidery designs according to the couple’s characters and needs. They draw color embroidery draft based on a one-to-one ratio. Take the needle as a pen, the thread as ink. The process of embroidering continues for several months. By the way, the craftswoman embroiders on pieces of fabric before they are shaped into a dress.
The next step – ironing the embroidery to perfect the texture and relief.
Then, the embroidered squares are cut into shapes of clothes. The pieces are stitched to a complete wedding attire.
The details of the wedding dress are hemmed by hand.
To make buttons, long strips of satin are sewn and tied into special knots.
Every piece of work is a blessing for the new couple.